Saturday 11 September 2010

Daily vitamin pill could reduce dementia's effects by up to 50 per cent

I thought this was vaguely interesting...

Daily vitamin pill could reduce dementia's effects by up to 50 per cent

So, we have these (let's face it, mostly elderly), patients, who've probably been ignored for years, owing to their perceived condition. Then, they start receiving regular daily visitations, when the vitamins are administered. Perhaps the person administering the vitamins shares a few words, who knows? And then, every so often, a "scientist" comes along to ask some questions, to see if the vitamins have made any difference. And, fuck me, they have. At least, that's one interpretation of the results.

Another interpretation might be that the regular mental stimulation afforded by the daily visits and occasional interviews had a therapeutic effect. Nothing causes a person's mind to work like actually using that mind, I've noticed. Still, I'm not a scientist, and consequently I know absolutely nothing about anything. Thank God. On the other hand, I know everything there is to know about nothing, which is a great deal - you'd be surprised. And you can be sure that I'll be passing that knowledge on.

No comments: