Tuesday 23 September 2008

Arte y Pico

Stan, of Is Something Not Quite Right With Stan (see my blogroll), has seen fit to nominate me for the Arte y Pico award. As far as I can establish, given the criteria (below), it's because I'm fucking cool!

1. You have to pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award in terms of creativity, design, interesting material, and general contributions to the blogger community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each winner has to show the award and give the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award itself.

4. Each winner and each giver of the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.

I'm going to do my "usual" and find some blogs, at random, that I like, and spread the silverware around. I'll post the details within the next couple of days.


Later:
OK, here we go... I'm going to preamble my selections by making a comment about the way blogs are being used, out there. There's a helluva lot of marketing/advertisements (who the fuck wants to buy antiques and knock-off Gucci handbags, online?), masquerading as blogs. And there's also a lot of blogs with just one post, written in garbled english, which just leaves me asking "huh? What on earth is this about?" Yeah, there's a lot of crap. Anyway:

1. Rachel - Writing My Novel - A new blog, the title of which speaks for itself. Why do I like it? Because it's an insight into the intellectual process, maybe. Who knows - if her book becomes a bestseller, she may be able to repackage her blog, and sell that as a guide to aspiring writers?!

2. Black Holes and Barbies - Tracy Wilson-Tucker is the blog author. I dunno - I liked the title, and the artwork.

Intermission:
This is fucking hard work! I've been at this for well over an hour, now, and the ratio of white noise relative to the interesting stuff (my perception), is very high.


3. meee today - funny turn of phrase, and a slightly (but only slightly), leftfield way of looking at things. The author's a barrister, apparently - I always used to find the ridiculous situations that people got themselves into amusing (ie, when I was reading law, and writing case notes), and it looks like this guy does, too.

4. Paco's Adventures - What can I tell you? The idea of a small pig writing a blog just amused me! And what were the chances of Paco being english-speaking, too?

5. The fifth one is going to have to wait, because Google has decided that my "activity" (clicking on and off links), looks dubious!..

Later:
Ellen Giamportone - Great photography - must be nice to be able to shoot exactly what you want to illustrate your blog, rather than search Google Images!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow. I'm honored that you would nominate me. Thanks so much.

Tracy Wilson-Tucker

Radagast said...

You're welcome. And thanks for linking me on your blog.

Matt

Tracy said...

Yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again!!

I love your fish.

fotoloka said...

What a cool surprise...I'm so excited and honored by your nomination. Thanks!! I will certainly link you to my blog, as soon as I can figure out how to do that. And also how to follow the steps about connecting 5 other blogs...Maybe you can help me out here? I'm just a photographer slaving through Photoshop. This is my first week ever in blogworld.

Ellen Giamportone

susan said...

ooh goody! More blogs to explore!

Tracy said...

I like the idea that depression is a form of communication in itself. That's a wonderful way of stating it. I might use that, giving you credit, in one of my entries, if you don't mind.

Radagast said...

Sure, go ahead - and thanks. I think, per the various descriptions that you gave it, on your blog, depression is probably whatever a person feels it to be, which is why I think it is that Clean Language is so effective - as long as one understands that one has managed to explain one's ideas to somebody else, and had them understand, that in itself can be tremendously therapeutic.

Matt