Bloody hell! On schedule!
Anyway, I'm delighted to announce my contribution to the first raft of A Hoys to be awarded. I kinda want to make a big deal about this; first, because they're the first awards to be made by A Hoy, and, second, because I think the Founders have all spent a great deal of time doing the research and making their choices, and deserve to have that effort acknowledged.
So, without further ado, [rustling and tearing of envelope] my A Hoys will be going to:
1. Advice to Live By, penned by keightie
2. Aftermath, by Raine
3. All I Do is Dream, by A
4. In Pieces, by Jazz
5. The Raisin Chronicles, by Jeanne; and
6. Reinventing Alice, by alice
Congratulations to you all!
Now, in accordance with A Hoy's Rules (which you'll note is capitalized!), I'm supposed to explain what it is that I like about each blog. But when I came to think about it, I found that my choice boiled down to the same factors, in each case. First, that their titles grabbed my attention (and I chastise myself for being so superficial!). Second, that each has a very real talent for expressing an idea, in writing.
The subject matter varies somewhat, from one blog to another, and some are more whimsical than others (ie, they go fuguing off at some tangent, before pulling the story back, a little bit akin to listening to Billy Connolly do a stage show), which I like, but each seems to have the ability to follow the thread of an idea through from inception to conclusion, in a very readable way. Sorry, that's a bit vague, but it's the best I can do to convey what I'm trying to say!
Oops! I forgot: I'm supposed to publish the Rules, too...
Rules for Making an Award
1. Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award based upon any criteria - for example, the quality of the commentary, wit, humour, artwork, overall design, value to you of the information being provided, and so on.
2. The awarding blogger should choose at least two blogs not on his or her own blogroll, the purpose being to encourage variety of reading matter, and to have the person making the award think about what they like to see and read.
3. Your five choices must be published in a dedicated post on your own blog. This post must contain the name of the author (which may be their logon name), and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone. This post should contain brief details of what attracted you to the blog. Details may also be posted in the comments section of "What is a Hoy?"
4. In the same dedicated post, each winner has to show the award and acknowledge the blog that has given him or her the award.
5. Both those awarding and receiving A Hoy must show the link to A Hoy blog, so that everyone will know the origin of this award.
6. When publishing details of the blogs to which you have made your awards, these Rules must be published for recipients to follow.