Thursday 6 December 2007

Gunman goes on rampage at US mall‏

Another day, another mass shooting. This to the MHRA, including Breckenridge and Woods, copied to Johnson and Vara:


Dear Sir or Madam,

I picked up on this piece, this morning:

Gunman goes on rampage at US mall

I understand that Robert Hawkins had been "treated" for depression and ADHD, in the past, although, as with the Pekka-Eric Auvinen, in the Finnish shootings, I note that the BBC has elected not to investigate/report on the link between SSRIs/antipsychotics/etc and homicide/suicide. Nor has any other mainstream news outlet, as far as I can tell.

Is the MHRA able to establish which, if any, drugs Hawkins had been prescribed? And would it kindly furnish me with that information? Kindly remember, when answering, that homicidality/suicidality are acknowledged side effects of these drugs, and are noted on the PIL.

Best regards


Matthew Holford



"We enhance and safeguard the health of the public by ensuring that medicines and medical devices work and are acceptably safe. No product is risk-free. Underpinning all our work lie robust and fact-based judgements to ensure that the benefits to patients and the public justify the risks."

The MHRA is four years old.

Update
The MHRA mailed me back, today, Thursday, 20 December, in order to tell me that it was clueless. Yes, I know, that's a cheap shot. So sue me.

Related links:
CNN
Seroxat Secrets
Seroxat Sufferers

No comments: