Friday 7 September 2007

More opaque than an opaque thing... Part III

I'm a bit disappointed with the feedback I'm getting from the MHRA, just now, so I thought I'd try a different angle. This was sent to Breckenridge and Woods, copied to Johnson, Vara and the CPS:


Dear Professors Breckenridge and Woods,

My apologies, I should have copied you in on this, earlier. There appears to be a consensus amongst the (disinterested) scientific community that the withholding of data on drugs is unscientific. I would argue that it is unlawful, although I am interested to understand whether that view is shared by the Establishment.

Either way, the practice of suppressing negative data has contributed significantly to the Seroxat farce, in all its ignominy. To date, the MHRA has done nothing to ensure that that does not happen again. I would hold that that is incompetence of the highest order, and I can only imagine that it is not doing anything, because it is not in the interests of the Worshipful Company to do anything. That is corruption, if it be true. Are you corrupt, gentlemen?

Best regards

Matthew Holford

*************************



Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently engaged in a discussion with the MHRA, concerning the application of the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations 2004 (please see below). It appears that the MHRA is unable to provide an opinion, for whatever reason that it might have.

Is the CPS positioned such that it may provide definitive guidance as to the nature of conduct that would constitute a contravention of Regulation 50?

Best regards

Matthew Holford

********************************

No comments: